When a dental emergency arises, individuals need to make sure they see the Emergency Dentist in Providence RI. Prompt dental intervention will help to save a person’s teeth and protect their oral health. With this information, individuals will understand when they need to see the emergency dentist and what they can expect from treatment.
Common Types of Dental Emergencies
There are a few different dental emergencies that can occur. Understanding the different types of dental emergencies that can arise will help an individual to make the right decision when seeking an emergency dentist in Providence RI.
• Abscesses are infections that occur in teeth and gums. They can lead to extreme pain and can cause high fevers. If a person has a tooth infection, they need to be seen by the dentist right away. Treatment with antibiotics and drainage procedures help to protect the tooth from damage and control the infection.
• When a tooth becomes broken, seeing the dentist right away is sometimes important. Minor breaks that do not cause major pain can wait for the next available appointment. When the tooth is severely broken and causing pain, it is important to see an emergency dentist for treatment.
• When trauma occurs and a tooth is knocked out of its socket, the dentist may be able to help. In some cases, a tooth can be placed back in the socket and sutured in place until healing occurs.
• Cavities that suddenly cause severe pain should be investigated by the dentist so the patient can find relief. When severe pain is occurring, prompt treatment offers welcome relief and prevents the death of the tooth.
• If an adult tooth suddenly becomes loose, the dentist can often help. Teeth become loose when an injury occurs or because of receding gum tissue. Waiting too long to see the dentist could result in the loss of the tooth.
Get Dental Help Today
Those who have a dental emergency and want to learn more about these services should visit us. With prompt care, the health of your teeth will be properly protected and your pain will be relieved. Call the office if you have any questions.